BEERSPOKE TOURS &
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. The purchase/payment of any travel services offered by Beerspoke Tours, LLC and Travel Unlimited (both individually and jointly hereinafter referred to as TU), constitutes a contractual arrangement between the Traveler (you or traveler or participant) and TU, and represents your acceptance of the TU Terms & Conditions. You must be at least 21 years of age to make a booking and participate on this tour. As the lead traveler, you accept, and confirm you have authority and consent to accept these TU Terms & Conditions for yourself and all members of your traveling party.
2. Your tour package includes accommodations for 3 evenings, sightseeing, admissions and beer tastings as described on the itinerary described for the tour selected, the pairing dinner and gratuities related to this meal, hotel and meal taxes, and transportation as indicated.
3. A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-tour deposit is required to reserve space, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. TU accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover/Novus, and American Express. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted these Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit is processed by TU and you receive a confirmation invoice.
4. You are responsible for verifying that everything on your invoice is accurate and complete, including dates of travel and that each name matches the relevant government issued photo ID. TU cannot accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within 5 days of sending out the invoice. Changes are subject to the fees and penalties noted below. In the case of billing errors, TU reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
5. Final payment for your vacation is due 30 days prior to commencement of services, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. If reservation is made within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date and money paid to that point will be forfeited.
6. Acceptance on the tour is subject to presentation of your government issued photo ID at time of hotel check-in. Failure to provide ID will result in denial of participation on the tour. In the event of such denial no refunds will be issued. Travelers must be at least 21 years of age to participate on this tour.
BOOKING CANCELLATIONS & FEES
7. If a booking cancellation is received by TU prior to the final payment date of your vacation, your non-refundable deposit will be retained.
8. For individual reservations, the following per-person cancellation fees apply for cancellations within final payment date.
9. Standard Cancellation Fees:
• 30-15 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price
• 14 days or less than commencement of services: no refunds can be made
10. A change of traveler name, vacation date, or itinerary after final payment has been made will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; vacation cancellation fees, as above, apply.
11. TU reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any vacation departure for any reason, including insufficient demand or force majeure. If a vacation is canceled prior to departure, TU’s only responsibility will be to refund the full amount received for the reservation. TU will try to rebook the same vacation with a different departure date, or a similar vacation, but there is no guarantee of availability of offering. TU cannot assume responsibility for any additional costs or any fees relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of air tickets. THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
AUTHORITY TO REMOVE OR REFUSE PASSENGERS
12. In the sole discretion of TU, TU may refuse transport to any passenger or may require any passenger to leave the tour if it is reasonably believed that the passenger (1) is dangerous to others or to himself or herself; (2) has engaged in, is engaged in, or is threatening to engage in, behavior that may adversely affect the safety, security, comfort, enjoyment, or well-being of other passengers or TU representatives, including, but not limited to, behavior that is disruptive, verbally abusive, physically abusive, obnoxious, harassing, discriminatory, or obscene; or (3) has failed or refused, or is failing or refusing, to follow TU rules and procedures or the instructions of TU or its representatives. In the event a passenger is removed, such passenger may be left at any city without any liability to TU or its representatives. TU shall not be required to refund any portion of the price paid by any passenger who is removed under the terms of this paragraph, nor shall TU be responsible for expenses for lodging, medical care, meals, transportation, or any other expenses incurred by the passenger. TU shall be entitled to recover from the passenger any costs or expenses incurred by TU or its representatives in the removal of the passenger or the exercise or enforcement of this clause.
TRAVELERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR
13. You must report to TU any disability requiring special attention while on tour at the time the reservation is made. TU will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so. TU does not provide personal services (such as pushing a wheelchair, assisting with walking, etc.) and TU does not provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off coaches or other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion should accompany travelers who need such assistance.
14. If we are not notified at time of reservation of any disability requiring special attention, TU reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your vacation if your special needs or disabilities are not suitable for the vacation, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or TU staff, are incompatible with other travelers, or if you are not traveling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. TU will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking, or termination of the vacation. Cancellation penalties, as above, apply.
15. Not all sightseeing stops/sites accommodate wheelchairs, and some locations and sightseeing activities may require extensive standing, sitting, or walking sometimes on unpaved or cobblestone streets. TU will not refund or cover any cost or expense incurred for any missed activities due to a participant’s inability to fully participate with the group.
MEDICAL & HEALTH
16. TU does not employ medical personnel. Any medical attention you require while traveling with TU must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis. All related charges are at your expense. TU cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or for the quality of the care or services.
17. TU reserves the right to remove any passenger who shows signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety, or behavior-related assessment is at the sole discretion of TU. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis and/or any other medically-related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at time of services. Passengers will be allowed to rejoin TU with confirmed medical certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating fit to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to other passengers.
SMOKING & ILLEGAL DRUGS
18. Smoking is not allowed on transportation that is exclusively provided by TU.
19. Many hotels, restaurants, and other venues are smoke-free or have non-smoking regulations in public spaces. Smoking may be restricted to certain areas or not allowed. You are responsible to abide by all third-party smoking policies.
20. Most hotels in North America have imposed a 100% non-smoking policy.
21. Any carriage or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of the TU vacation. You are responsible for knowing and observing the Licensing Laws for drug possession for all states you are visiting.
22. For the enjoyment of all passengers, you must adhere to the rules of the Tour Director regarding seat assignment or rotation. Alcohol consumption is not allowed on board TU motorcoaches.
23. Many local laws require the use of seatbelts while traveling. When seatbelts are provided, you are responsible for wearing your seatbelt. TU is not liable, nor are our service providers, for any injury, loss, damages, claims, or death resulting from any accident or incident if you were not wearing your seatbelt at the time of the accident or incident when the motorcoach is equipped with them.
HOTELS, ACCOMMODATIONS, TRANSPORTATION & ITINERARY
24. The hotels listed on the website or in the brochure are intended to be used on all departures; however, hotels are not guaranteed. TU reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed on the itinerary pages. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, including alternate hotels for additional departures on the same date, or hotel location changes within or outside itinerary cities, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those shown. No refunds are provided for hotel changes; full cancellation penalties, as noted above, apply.
25. TU contracts twin-bedded rooms. Double-bedded rooms may be requested but are never guaranteed. Triple rooms are the same size as twin-bedded rooms and are at the discretion of the hotel. Triple rooms will have beds to accommodate three people, but TU cannot guarantee that triple rooms will have 3 separate beds. The additional bed, if available, is often a roll-away bed put in for the night. If there are only two beds, a roll-away may be requested but cannot be guaranteed.
26. Single supplements ensure your own room, not necessarily a twin- or double-bedded room.
27. Check-in times vary. TU cannot control or guarantee check-in times.
28. Porterage at hotels is the responsibility of the traveler.
29. TU reserves the right to make modest modifications to the itinerary for the comfort and convenience of tour participants should it be deemed necessary. In that event, all tour inclusions listed under TOUR INCLUSIONS #2 above will remain the same and will not be affected.
30. Passenger Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are sent approximately 2-3 weeks prior to departure, provided full invoice payment has been received.
31. Gratuities are included for the dinner pairing meal that is included in the tour. Gratuities for your Tour Director, Local Guides and motorcoach driver are not included in the vacation price and are left to the traveler’s discretion.
32. Any request for refunds is subject to these Terms & Conditions; no refund will be made for unused services or for unused transportation where group activities are involved, or for voluntary modifications made by the traveler.
33. Wi-Fi connectivity is provided by the hotels utilized in the tour but connectivity cannot be guaranteed.
34. TU reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a tour participant; to expel any participant from the tour; to make changes in the itinerary whenever TU deems it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the participants.
35. No weapons of any type are permitted on TU vacations at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brass knuckles, and other weapons of any type.
SERVICE INQUIRIES AFTER THE VACATION
36. As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to properly investigate a complaint if TU is not advised of such complaint quickly, any compensation you may have been able to claim could be reduced or even forfeited if you do not follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause.
37. After returning from your vacation, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by TU. Any complaint or claim involving the vacation services offered on the TU website, involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to the vacation participant, must be notified to TU while on vacation or within 30 days of the vacation completion, except where such time limitations are prohibited by law.
38. The traveler agrees that neither TU or its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death, and property loss), or expense occasioned by any act or omission of any supplier providing services, or any other person.
39. Be aware that during your participation on vacations operated by TU, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including, but not limited to: travel by motorcoach, automobile, boat or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness. TU will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While TU will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a vacation and/or optional excursions you agree that you will hold TU harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. TU is not responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates that you accept these risks and dangers and agree to hold TU harmless for such.
40. TU assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or entry of any nature in whole or in part resulting from an Act of God or any other force majeure condition, including, without limitation: fire, volcanic eruption, environmental pollution or contamination, inclement weather, earthquake, low or high water levels, flood, water or power shortages or failures, tropical storms or hurricanes, riots or civil commissions or disturbances, and any other acts of a similar nature, sabotage, arrests, strikes or labor disruptions, restraint of rulers or peoples, expropriations, acts of terrorism, war, insurrection, quarantine restrictions, government health advisories, or warnings or alerts of any kind of nature, government seizures, refusal or cancellation or suspension or delay of any government authority or any license, permit or authorization, damages to its facilities or the travel supplier and its facilities, or any other unforeseen circumstances or any other factors unforeseen by TU that impacts negatively on, or hampers, its ability to fulfill any of its contractual conditions. In the event that any of these conditions apply, TU shall be excused, discharged, and released from performance to the extent such performance is so limited or prevented, without liability of any kind.
41. Any dispute between the vacation participant and TU or indirectly relating to the Terms & Conditions and/or the vacation undertaken, shall be first submitted to mediation in Nassau County, New York before a mediator mutually agreed to by the parties. Arbitration against TU or the vacation participant shall be invoked in writing under the laws of the State of New York within a period of 12 months following the date of completion of the vacation and not later. Neither of the parties nor any affiliate of TU shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and they hereby waive any right to claim punitive damages. The governing and substantive law for the Arbitration proceedings would be laws of the State of New York, USA. The prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of costs and reasonable attorney’s fees.